About GLS Law College
GLS Law College, a new venture of the Gujarat Law Society fostering excellence in Legal Education is a premier destination for students interested in establishing a lucrative career in Law and aiming to become torch bearers of Justice. Launched in the academic year 2015-16, in a short span of fifteen months, GLS Law College has emerged as the most preferred destination for legal education. Beginning from a single law college in 1927, which was nurtured, among others, by Shri I. M. Nanavati, today Gujarat Law Society has burgeoned into a mammoth Trust that manages 34 institutions offering courses in multiple disciplines imparting quality education across two campuses in Ahmedabad. There are over 24,000 students at the campus who are assisted in meticulously crafting their careers and leading them to the path of success.
GLS Law College is affiliated to Gujarat University and offers B.A.LL.B degree which is recognized and approved by the Bar Council of India. The college has an advantage of senior and well experienced faculty members in the field of Law. The senior practicing advocates also contribute in teaching and providing experiential learning to law aspirants. The teaching pedagogy includes: classroom discussions, case studies, interactive presentations, guest lectures, expert sessions, seminars, conferences, and case law methods coupled with intensive practical training through moot courts.
It is noteworthy to mention that GLS Law College, very much in the second year of establishment, is the only institute affiliated to Gujarat University that has secured full admissions in two divisions with 60 seats in each division.
To advance human dignity, social welfare and justice through knowledge of law.
To achieve excellence in educating professionals, advancing legal scholarship, serving the public and fostering justice. We aspire to prepare lawyers to serve their clients, the justice system and the public with a high level of accomplishment and a commitment to the highest ideals of the legal profession.
Why study at GLS Law College?
- Utmost attention in providing the environment best suitable for overall academic development of the students.
- Guest lectures and special sessions by law visionaries and dignitaries like practising advocates at Gujarat High Court, Judges, and other law experts.
- Project / Assignment based learning resulting in enrichment of practical hands-on experience in the field of law.
- Teaching Law through Movies – a unique concept initiated at GLS Law College to integrate knowledge, learning and intellectual development with entertainment.
- Learning Modules planned and executed with the aim of transforming students from novice to professionals.
- Overall Skill Development done by providing training in public speaking, and students are encouraged to participate in elocution and debate competitions.
- With academic development, emphasis is laid on co-curricular activities as well and students are encouraged to organize various events like: Legal Awareness Day, Legal Literacy to Literates Campaign, Go Green Day, Character Day, Traditional Day, Creative Day, Garba Night, University Youth Festival 2016.
About Gujarat Law Society
Gujarat Law Society has been in the ﬁeld of education for more than eight decades and is considered to be one of the largest and most renowned destinations for education in Gujarat. The Society stands as a synonym for contemporary education in the region with its state-of-the-art infrastructure. Visionaries and luminaries like Shri Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Shri Ganesh Mavlankar and Sheth Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai were the ﬁrst to set lofty standards of excellence in education at the society.
Beginning from a single law college in 1927, which was nurtured, among others, by Shri I. M. Nanavati, today Gujarat Law Society has burgeoned into a mammoth trust that manages 34 institutions offering courses in multiple disciplines imparting quality education.
From a single Law College to becoming GLS University, today it provides wide range of programmes in the ﬁelds of Management, Computer Technology, Law, Education, Design, Research, Media, Information Technology, and Communication There are over 24,000 students at the campus who are assisted in meticulously crafting their careers and leading them to the path of success.
Gujarat Law Society has a particularly extensive alumni group which echoes the values that it imparts, right since its inception. Being a part of some of the most distinguished Judges, Lawyers and Corporate Giants across the globe, these members of the Society’s alumni have carved out a niche identity for themselves, that of being responsible, pragmatic and proactive.